An order processing specialist usually works in the shipping and receiving area of a warehouse.
Work tasks include preparing or picking up items for delivery and managing inbound shipments. You can also record and review shipping information.
Career qualifications vary but usually has a high school diploma and workplace training. Other valuable skills include powerful organization, physical mobility, and experience with forklifts or other standard storage equipment.
How to become an Order Fulfillment Specialist?
Qualifications required for an order fulfillment expert include a high school diploma or a GED certificate and are at least 18 years old. As a specialist in order processing, your tasks may include the operation of forklifts. Here, you must be able to get an elevator car license. However, most order processing specialists do not use special machines and should carefully review job offers to ensure their skills are suitable for the position. Your tasks require a significant amount of physical activity, such as picking up packages and packages without help, which means you must be physically able to do so. In addition, you must have superior communication skills, as you need to read, interpret, and follow written and verbal orders throughout the day and communicate with team members and superiors.
Example of Fulfillment Specialist Job Description:
This example job description allows you to get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. However, remember that each employer is different and that everyone has unique qualifications when they are hired for their position as an order fulfillment specialist.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who can join our company as an order fulfillment specialist. As part of our fulfillment team, you manage inventory, receive and ship orders efficiently, and process returns. It is a short and occasionally physical position, which means you can stand up, squat, and lift items and packages throughout your turn. In addition, our ideal candidate has prior knowledge of order processing software and strong data entry and customer service skills.
The primary task of the order processing specialist is to support e-commerce sales by fulfilling the order task of online order processing operations. It includes order inspection, packaging, and shipping. In addition, all order processing specialists handle general job maintenance and cleaning tasks to ensure a safe, clean working environment. The fulfillment specialist works hourly according to the company’s quotas.
Critical knowledge and skills:
- Precision, analytical skills, and attention to detail required ·
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, and teamwork skills ·
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook ·
- Powerful multitasking skills ·
- Moral judgment and planning skills ·
- ability to interact with all levels of management ·
- Team player; cooperative; proactive; faster student ·
- Ability to work and work independently; prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Type 45 wpm
- Even when they are under pressure or time limits and continue to complete ·
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Some primary duties and responsibilities are written below:
- Receive and manage orders quickly and efficiently
- Track all orders through delivery software
- Record inventory levels and alert managers to potential issues
- Answer phone calls, the process returns, and provide service
- Evaluate all documentation and records of purchase orders.
- Ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Follow supplier management procedures and processes ·
- Record all data for purchase orders and deliveries; correct discrepancies or issues.
- Monitor inventory and order history; Effectively address differences or problems in all change requests.
- Communicate in time to monitor order processing flows and respond jointly to potential product delivery or availability issues ·
- Maintain good communication with the operations team, sales teams, and administration of Company ·
- Collaborate with sales teams to process and confirm customer order forecasts ·
- Backup other order processing staff when needed ·
- Other assignments as requested by management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or get Certificate
- It prefers a prior knowledge of compliance software
- Physical ability to stand, squat, and lift objects during a standard workday
- Powerful interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate strongly.
- 1-2 years of experience in shipping or receiving or related storage positions, preferred.
- Capacity to work alone, as well as in miniature equipment and groups capacity to lift heavy parcels to 30 pounds for at least 8 hours
- Capacity to prepare necessary papers and documents for reading, sorting, and verifying packages
- Basic math skills, basic reading skills