There are many kinds of radio stations that people go to for local news and information. These stations have a reputation for offering focused local content many listeners are looking for. WJON (AM 1240) has consistently been a station for St. Cloud and the Greater Central Minnesota area since 1950. Randomly ask a St. Cloud where you receive your messages and probably name two sources: St. Cloud Times and WJON. This neighborhood is a regular part of the daily life of so many adults in this area.
Top Factors Why WJON News So Popular Till Now!
- WJON has always tried to report on the news and provide the information that central Minnesotans are looking for but do so with precision and skill. As a result, this station is constantly receiving awards for its reporting and information services. In spring 2008, WJON received six awards from the Associated Press Minnesota office. This year’s awards included “best messaging,” “best website,” and “best game by sports game.”
- WJON has won the prestigious “Crystal Award” of the National Association of Broadcasters three times in the last 20 years (2006, 2002, and 1989). There are over 14,000 licensed commercial radio stations in the United States. NAB awards only ten Crystal Awards each year at stations across the country that have provided exceptional service to their communities. Being honored in this way is rare and special, not to mention receiving the honor three times in two decades. This award talks about the type of place WJON holds in this community.
- WJON is known for its exceptional weather coverage. If there is a heavy summer storm in the area or a trip that threatens winter damage, WJON is the station many residents turn to for critical, timely information. We constantly hear stories of families pushing themselves into their cellars, making a tornado warning, and listening to the latest developments in WJON. In addition, this station (and some of Townsquare’s other media stations) are the only ones on the market that are regularly airborne by professional meteorologists.
- WJON programming is also under weather statistics, radar summaries, and text forecasts on channel 20 of the Charter Communications basic cable package. It is the only radio station that is present on the charter line.
- One last factor driving the broadest WJON audience is the sports features that the station carries. WJON continues to have a consistent local presence in its sports broadcasts and play-by-game.
- WJON station is also the radio station in central Minnesota for broadcasts of Minnesota Twins, Vikings, and Timberwolves. Sister station KXSS (1390 The Fan) carries Minnesota Wild games and various Minnesota Gopher sports. We intend always to provide contact with our advertisers as many listeners as possible. For this reason, we always try to build the size of our target groups. The great appeal of Minnesota’s professional sports teams and their great Division-One University offers our advertisers this type of critical mass.
Townsquare Media focuses on offering customized, cross-platform, customer-centric solutions that help businesses grow.
Townsquare Provides Marketing and Advertising Solutions for Businesses in St. Cloud and Central Minnesota:
- Targeted Display Advertising
- High Impact Advertising
- Targeted Mobile Solutions
- Celebrity Endorsement
- Targeted Video Solutions
- Website Design and Search Engine Optimization
- Promotional Partnerships
WJON occupies a special place in the mind and heart of Central Minnesota residents. It is a station used by thousands of adults every day, including many professionals and decision-makers. As a result, WJON AM 1240 is a solid place on the dial to present a consistent and unique brand message to your company.