Why is Brushing Important for every kid Explained by Orthodontists?
Hello! I hope We all know the importance of brushing for your kids, but if you are not aware of this. Then this article will be dedicated to you.
Brushing is essential in our day-to-day lives, not only for children but also for adults. Brushing helps to develop strong and healthy teeth and also fights against bacterias and harmful germs. We should clean our teeth twice a day, which means once in the morning and the evening after dinner, to have clean and healthy teeth.
Below I am mentioning a few most important questions and answers about why brushing are essential for every individual.
- · What are the ways you can brush your teeth?
- · Why is brushing necessary for every kid?
- · What are the benefits of brushing your teeth twice a day?
- · What will happen if you over brush your teeth?
- · What are some disadvantages of overbrushing your teeth?
· Types of dental problems that may develop if you do not brush your teeth properly?
What are the ways you can brush your teeth?
- · Get the right tool that is suitable for your teeth and gums.
- · Brush your teeth in circles.
- · Clean the inner surface of your teeth.
- · Clean your tongue well to avoid bad breath.
- · Rinse your mouth properly with water and then mouthwash.
- · Repeat the process to cover the time needed to brush your teeth.
Why is brushing necessary for every kid?
Brushing is necessary not only for adults but also for kids. Brushing prevents teeth from tooth decay and safeguards the teeth from the attack of harmful bacteria. Brushing helps to remove the Plaque, which causes tooth decay and several other gum diseases.
The main reason why we should brush our teeth regularly is to prevent gum diseases and tooth cavities. While cleaning your teeth with a toothbrush, the bacteria and germs that are stick on the teeth gets detached and goes away.
What are the advantages of brushing your teeth twice a day?
Here are the Primary benefits of brushing your teeth twice a day. Kindly adhere to it and have healthy gums and teeth.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day helps prevent the tartar buildup on the gums and the teeth.
- Brushing is the best way to build up healthier gums against the harmful bacteria which cause tooth and gum diseases.
- Brushing gives a glow to our teeth, and it seems whiter.
- Brushing helps to prevent poor breath.
- Brushing your teeth double a day also helps to remove stains from your teeth.
- Brushing our teeth twice prevents toothache and tooth decay.
- Brushing gives us a sparkling smile.
- Brushing freshens our mouth.
What will happen when you over brush your teeth?
If we overbrush our teeth, it means we are destroying our teeth than protecting. We can also call the term overbrushing as tooth abrasion, which causes receding gums and sensitive teeth.
What are some disadvantages of overbrushing your teeth?
- Overbrushing can cause your teeth to become sensitive.
- Overbrushing causes receding gums.
- Overbrushing causes bleeding gums.
- Overbrushing causes swollen gums.
Kids dentistry in Chennai offers the best dental care for small children. There are also some clinics in Chennai that provide better guidelines for children concerning their dental health.
Guidelines for children:
1. See to that your child applies only a pea-sized toothpaste.
2. Check whether your child is splitting while brushing or not.
3. Make sure that your child is brushing at least for two minutes or not.
4. Make your child brush his or her teeth twice a day.
5. Make your child aware of the benefits of flossing.
6. Take your child to a dentist visit at least twice a year.
7. Make your child aware of dental problems and their hygiene.
Stick on to the following guidelines and take care of your child’s oral health and his or her teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kids Dentistry
What type of toothbrush and toothpaste can I recommend to my child?
The toothbrush should be flexible for the child to hold and, the bristles of the toothbrush should be as gentle as they can be. You can use any toothpaste but, you should apply only a less amount of toothpaste. The amount of toothpaste must be less than the size of a pea.
Why do children develop a cavity at a very young age?
Cavities may develop due to the bad oral hygiene of a child.
The responsibility is up to the parents to take care of their child’s dental health. They should hold precautionary steps to protect their child’s teeth from cavities.
What do you know about Kids dentistry?
Kids dentistry is more known as Pediatric dentistry. The best dental clinic in Chennai offers the best facilities for dental health.
We have discussed the whole topic of dental health issues like why to brush our teeth, the benefits of brushing, disadvantages of overbrushing, ways to brush our teeth, and also some necessary guidelines for children.
I hope that you’ve got many things to know about the concerned topic.
Kindly share your suggestions regarding the article. If you have any problems or suggestions on the mentioned topic, kindly ask in the comment section below. I will try to reply to your comment as soon as I see it.
So, meet you in the upcoming article, till then bye-bye and see you. Thank you.