Do you want to know more about IGTV, Instagram television? You are in the right place. Instagram is the social network that most of all, in the past two years, has managed to establish itself in the digital scenario as an online marketing tool that really makes the difference.
Launch as a visual social competing with Facebook, which instead has always focused everything on words and hypertext contents. Instagram, after the acquisition by Facebook itself, slowly integrated a series of innovations that made it truly strategic for a small and large businesses.
IGTV is part of the business expansion plan of Facebook, Instagram, and the other social products of the Mark Zuckerberg family. It is true that on Instagram, the video tools are more than developed. Just think of the Instagram Stories that are becoming increasingly important in the view of influencer marketing and personal branding. IGTV adds to the possibility of telling your company also videos longer than 10 minutes, perfectly integrated into the feed. But what is IGTV for, and how can it be integrated into a business and promotional plan for companies and small businesses?
IGTV, what it is used for, and how to use it
As stated by Activeig (a market leader for social media marketing) First inserted in the space of its own on the personal profile of Instagram, today the IGTV is integrated into the bulletin board and also in the Explore feed, which allows you to discover new accounts simply by browsing the profiles.
To make it even stronger and more competitive, the IGTV for several months has also just pressed the “Continue watching” button to make the preview of the video open in the appropriate section and be displayed completely.
But what is this Instagram tool on balance? It is neither more nor less than a video container that users can upload from their phone gallery or shoot directly from the Instagram camera.
Unlike live TV, IGTV videos can last up to 10 minutes, and, unlike Instagram Stories, it is not possible to add filters. But the videos uploaded in this section are more durable. They do not disappear after 24 hours, and on the contrary, they remain on the profile until it is the user himself who decides to delete them.
How to use IGTV for personal branding: the three basic tips
What do you do when you meet a new person if you don’t introduce yourself? If you want to translate this good practice also on your social profiles, IGTV comes to your rescue because these 10 minutes long videos are perfect for personal branding.
WHY NOT CREATE A PRESENTATION VIDEO TO TELL WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO?
You can link the video and its preview in the Instagram Stories to give it more prominence and bring your Instagram followers to find out more by watching your video presentation.
There are three tips to take advantage of the IGTV section for your personal branding:
- No to amateur videos: if possible, better use a tripod and shoot the video with the phone’s camera in optimal light conditions
- Organize information schematically: and who says you don’t need a ladder? To show your best use all the tricks you know
- Don’t ramble: this applies to any type of resume or online presentation. Short but effective concepts, few artifices, and a pinch of irony doesn’t hurt.
How to use IGTV for business: 3 foolproof tips
Even a corporate Instagram profile can benefit from a good video strategy that rests its foundations on IGTV, among other things. Product videos, launches, new openings, the more professional the videos, the better they can represent your company.
If the video is ready and packaged, for example, by the marketing and communication department, then this can be simply uploaded in the IGTV section. Your video is never longer than 10 minutes and yes in the vertical format, until the horizontal one will also be implemented.
The tips to take advantage of the IGTV section for your business are four:
- Watch out for the formats and length of the video: if it already exists but is not suitable for IGTV, it is better to save the video in another format more suitable and usable by users
- Yes, to product launches, videos of events and projects: the more stories you tell about your company, the better. IGTV could be the official channel in which you show the backstage, the faces of your employees and the smaller projects, without stealing space for example from Facebook, if for you it is the most strategic social it is important
- Diversify content: In order to offer different content to Instagram followers who follow you on the various official social channels, create an ad hoc strategy for videos that walk hand in hand but does not cover more institutional communication
- Promote cross-channel video: if you have chosen Instagram as a strategic channel to communicate your work, focus your efforts on this channel. Upload your promotional video on IGTV and then bring all the promotion towards him, without wasting effort, advertising budget, and creativity, you can do it from Facebook, directly linking the video, from Instagram Stories or in the feed.
In conclusion, a good video strategy can help both personal branding and business.
Youtube and Facebook itself have integrated various tools over the years to ensure that users can be free to express themselves through videos. Youtube is certainly the place of choice, but if you don’t want to invest authoritatively in a series of videos and in an official channel, then the easiest choice certainly falls on Instagram and its tools.
The IGTV in this becomes strategic both because it is very simple to use, and it is possible to integrate it into a broader digital communication plan that invests all the social networks of a business.
Catalyzing all efforts on a channel like Instagram, which today more than ever offers users the majority of communication possibilities on social networks, is a winner. And in this context, IGTV becomes a real superpower to talk about oneself and their work consistently.