Consultant at Target: Style Consultants are nice and helpful on the shop floor and in the fitting room. They may aid with outfitting, accessorizing, and creating the basket, which increases top-line sales.
A Style Consultant is passionate about clothing and accessories and uses this passion to create compelling in-store presentations that help clients find their own style.
Target in Detail:
As a part of our customer-focused team, you help create an experience that makes customers say, “I adore Target!” When you work at Target, you help every family discover joy in the little things. It’s a pleasure to work with a bunch of people who are passionate about their profession. For the most up-to-date range of garments and accessories that won’t break the bank, our customers flock to us.
How Much Does a Style Consultant Make at Target on a Per-Hour Basis?
In the United States, how much does a Style Consultant make at Target Corporation? The average hourly wage for a Style Consultant at Target in the United States is roughly $14.80. Which is approximately 28 percent more than the national average.
Target Values a Career-Building Experience. A Style Consultant can:
- Ability to assist clients to fill their baskets through design advice, personalized shopping, and sales strategies.
- Skills in visual merchandising and awareness of department sales trends.
- Style, fit, materials, and brand expertise.
A Typical Day for a Style Consultant Includes the Following Duties:
Using store tools, learn about your business’s sales goals, top departments, inventory levels, shortage categories, guest traffic, and peak hours.
Be an Enthusiast for Style
- Through personal contact, mannequin moments, and captivating visual displays, inspire visitors to design ensembles.
- Create a welcoming shopping experience by remaining current on trends and brand guidelines, as well as by adhering to aesthetic standards and visual merchandising guidelines.
- Encourage consumers to explore all apparel and accessory areas by arranging, signing, and merchandising products to match current fashion trends.
- Verify that item is available for purchase by evaluating and replenishing sales floor and backroom stocks.
- Enhance your business skills to beat over promotional deals and clearance products. Assuring a pleasant purchasing experience for customers.
- By remerchandising new items and updating brand spaces, you can support product changes and keep visitors inspired all year.
- Greet the visitor and present yourself as the department’s consultant while juggling current tasks.
- Inquire open-ended inquiries to ascertain the visitor’s requirements and desires; inform the guest of features and benefits.
- Actively promote and introduce new brands to visitors to develop brand loyalty.
- Engage visitors on the sales floor and extend the experience in the fitting room by suggesting related styles and accessories and checking in often.
- Create an order in-store using myCheckout to specify unavailable choices and sizes.
- Thank them for purchasing at Target and remind them that you are available to help them in the future.
- Focus on the clothing and accessories floor pad and fitting room while balancing activities. Use your approach to fulfill jobs while keeping a service balance
- Provide personalized service and shopping experiences.
- Always lead by example.
- Any other duties allocated by the company.
What We Seek
We may be a good fit if:
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment. We work together to please our guests.
- It delights me to help our consumers exclaim “I LOVE TARGET!” So we adore Target.
- So you want to sell Target stuff. We do that.
- You don’t want a desk job. We welcome, inspire, and reward our guests all day (especially on weekends).
Take Our Excellent Style Consultant Course. But You Should Have These Basic Skills:
- Significant interest in and understanding of clothes and accessories
- The attitude of hospitality and assistance toward guests and other team members
- Acquaint yourself with and adapt to contemporary technological requirements.
- Communication abilities that are effective
- Work alone and as part of a team
- Rapidly resolve on-the-spot guest inquiries
So Let’s Be Clear About What We Expect:
- Handle cash register transactions accurately
- Ascend and descend ladders
- Scan, handle, and move things efficiently and safely, lifting or moving up to 15 pounds of stuff on occasion.
- Flexible work hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) are necessary.
Read More: What Does the Closing Expert Do at Target?