To take a picture on a Chromebook, search for the Camera app. Then click the white round button. The stored photographs are in My Files –> Camera in the Files app.
Chromebooks are often low-cost laptops with inferior hardware. But they can still conduct important tasks, like capturing images. Most Chromebooks cameras can take photos and videos.
Finding and using the pre-installed apps and features on your Chromebook can be difficult at first. Taking photos should be simple if you know how to use the camera.
Here’s how to utilize your Chromebook’s built-in webcam to snap photos or videos.
How to Take a Picture on a Chromebook?
- Select the up-carrot by clicking the circle in the lower-left corner.
- Open the Camera app by clicking the camera icon.
- Tap the capture button (a grey and white circle encircled by a blue line) to snap a photo.
The camera tool allows you to customize photo settings. For example, you can capture a photo or video, crop it, reveal the grid lines, mirror it, and create a photo timer.
More options are accessible in the top-left settings menu (the gear icon). You may also switch between cameras if you have more than one hooked into your Chromebook.
Where are My Photos Save on a Chromebook?
When you snap a picture with the Chromebook’s Camera app, the picture is saved in a dedicated Camera folder.
You may see a preview of the images you’ve taken by clicking the photo preview circle in the lower-right corner of the camera window.
If you’ve already closed out of the Camera app, you may still see your photographs and videos by going to the Files folder on your iOS device. To go there, follow these steps:
- First, click on the circle in the bottom-left corner of the screen, and then click on the upward-pointing carrot.
- After that, select “Files.”
- Select either the “Photos” or the “Videos” area from the left-hand sidebar of the Files browser after it has been launched.
Read More: Top 3 Best Google Chromebook for Your Needs!