violet Pogera, 86, formerly of St. Clair, reached away Friday, April 9, 2021, at Providence Place, Pottsville PA
- Born in St. Clair, March 24, 1935, She was the late John and Anna (Nemjo) Prohanik.
- She was the owner of Violet Pogera Beauty Shop, St. Clair, and a member of St. Michael’s Orthodox Church, St. Clair, where she served as cantor for many years.
- She was preceded in death by her husband Edward Pogera in 2019 and a sister Anne Mestishen.
- Surviving is three nephews John Pogera of Pottsville; John Mestishen of Mechanicsville; Robert Mestishen of Cumbola; niece Donna Pogera Callaghan of Williamstown, NJ.
Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 AM Tuesday, April 13, 2021, from St. Michael’s Orthodox Church, 109 North Nichols Street St. Clair, with The Rev. Jeff Zias officiating. Friends may call from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Tuesday at The Bruce T. Hart Funeral Home 110 North 2nd Street St. Clair, PA 17970. Instead of flowers, contributions may be made to the Hillside SPCA PO Box 233 Hillside Road, Pottsville, PA 17901
Interment will be in St. Michael Cemetery, St. Clair, PA.
Lorraine E. Rhoads, 99, of Mt. Carmel, PA, passed away Wednesday, April 7, 2021, at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA.
Born in Lavelle, PA, February 2, 1922, the late William & Minnie (Runge) Marlow. She graduated from Mt. Carmel High School Class of 1941 also worked for many years at the General Cigar Company, Mt. Carmel, until departure. She was preceded in death by her husband Clyde E. Rhoads in 2007; 2 brothers, two sisters:
- Robert and Leon, Sarah Yeager, – Martha Horbach.
- Surviving are two sons: Gary, husband of Cheryl Rhoads, Eustis, Fl, and Robin, husband of
- April Rhoads, Mt. Carmel,PA. Two brothers survive, Delbert and Carl Marlow.
- Services will be held at the convenience of the family. Interment in Northumberland
- Memorial Park, Sunbury, PA. Rothermel-Heizenroth Funeral Home, Mt. Carmel,PA .
- Ashley D’Andrea ,Supervisor. Charles Heizenrot III, F.D. .in charge of arrangements.
Thomas W. Burke of Ringtown was asked home to be with the Lord on April 9, 2021. He passed away quietly, surrounded by his loving family at The Schuylkill Medical Center – East after a brief & courageous battle with cancer and complications from COVID-19.
On May 21, 1938, he was born in Philadelphia and was the late Attorney Joseph and Irene (nee: Moore) Burke. He was a graduate of LaSalle Military Academy, Oakdale, NY, and St. Francis University, Loretta, PA.
Tom was also a US Navy pilot and served at the Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. Tom was a tool & die maker\machinist by trade. He had served for several local companies, including Yankee Plastics of Ringtown & Genova Plastics, Hazleton. He owned and operated his machine shop, Burke Precision Metals, in Sheppton.
Thomas married the love of his life, Ann Marie Kephart, on January 26, 1961, at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church in Pottsville. She preceded him in the death on January 26, 2006. He was also introduced in the end by his sister, Clare Grow.
Tom was a member of St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church in Ringtown, the Ringtown Hunting Club, located in Cedar Run, PA, and a former Member & President of Ringtown’s Rotary International Club. He was a Board Member of the Miners National Bank in Shenandoah.
Their marriage was blessed with six children, Catherine, wife of Sam Garula, Duncannon; Erin, Plattsburgh, NY; Colleen, wife of Ed Lizewski, Catawissa; Joseph, Frackville; Tara, wife of Bob Roddy, Rosendale, NY; and Patricia, wife of Luke Lapotsky, Lavelle. He is also remained by his sisters, Margaret Ann Nyhart, Maryland, and Patricia Hopper, John, California. He has fifteen grandchildren: four great-granddaughters and 4 great-grandsons, nieces, and nephews. His family takes on his love and memories.
Tom was an avid shooter and was a master marksman, as a part of his high school’s Shooting Team; he was a member of his College’s Aviation Club. Tom loved riding motorcycles & flying kites. recently, he owned having morning coffee with his friends at Ringtown’s coffee shop.
Friends are invited to attend and pay their respects to Thomas at the Stauffer-Breznik Funeral Home, 412 West Main Street, Ringtown, on Thursday, April 15, 2021, from 8:30 10:30 AM. A private Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Mary’s Church in Ringtown. Thomas will be laid to rest alongside his wife at St. Mary’s cemetery following the service.
Please consider donating to the Ringtown Rotary Club in Memory of Thomas instead of flowers.