Lovely flowers always attract everyone. They create positivity in the environment. Flowers’ importance cannot be ignored. They make nature a bit more beautiful. Not only for beauty but flowers are also known for being reproductive aids. Flowers feed insects, animals, birds, and humans too. They are also known for imparting natural medicines. Can you imagine life without flowers? It probably is dull. Plants probably are green.
The Motto Of Flowers –
Do you know what the prominent motto of flowers is? They go with the motto of helping in plant reproduction. Flowers play a major role to impart eye-catching attributes to an otherwise plain as well as green-leaved plant. When birds or insects sit on flowers, they carry their nectar. But they do pollinate since they help to move the pollen or plant sperm from male stamens to the female pistils.
Doesn’t that sound great? Does it feel how nature works? It is amazing indeed. The more you understand biology, the more you may be surprised. Plants that give flowers are also known as angiosperms. It means they use a sexual mode of reproduction. Talking about the reproduction in plants, it prominently revolves around the flowers carrying both the male and female gametes. All parts of a flower play an important role in the reproduction process.
What About The Functions of a Flower –
It is quite important to understand the functions of a flower. It will give you an ideal insight to understand everything in a great manner. Here, we are going to share some of the important sexual reproduction in flowering plants notes in short points so that you can understand easily. Let’s check out more about it –
- The prominent primary function of the flower is all about the reproduction of the individual as well as the species.
- Flowers are known for imparting excellent development of the pollen tube based on germination of pollen. The formation of gametes and fertilization happen. The ovarian portion of the carpet is known for supplying the fruit. The ovules are known for converting into seeds once fertilization is done. Talking about gametophytes, they are also known for being developed inside the spores in the case of heterosporous plants.
- Flowers which do not have all the reproductive organ, they are known for unisexual. Talking about the ovaries, the different modification plays a major role in the context of dispersal of seeds as well as fruits in prominent floral parts such as calyx.
- Flowers’ Angiosperms are shaped in different ways which play a major role in the diverse mode of pollination.
- Plants that give flowers are also called heterosporous. They create prominent two types of spores. One is Megaspores which are produced inside ovules and the second one is Microspores responsible to get produced by meiosis inside others.
Fertilization: How Does It Happen –
Do you know how fertilization happens in plants? Once pollination is done, the pollen is transferred to the ovary through the pollen tube. Once they reach the ovary, male gametes come across to the ovule or female gamete and the other one goes with the polar nuclei. When gamete meets with the eggs then the production of a zygote happens. And it gradually develops into an embryo.
Talking about the second gamete it goes with the polar nuclei-oriented results which create the formation of the endosperm nucleus. It is also responsible in the context of nourishment to the embryo. Then this fertilization is responsible to turn ovules in the form of seeds. And then the ovary creates fruit. Biology is interesting though if you go in-depth as you will get to know a variety of amazing information.
We hope that you got to know a lot about plants and their way of reproduction. Flowers are not only for adding beauty to plants and nature but more than this. They play a crucial role indeed.