Whenever you purchase a product or a software online or register on a website, you are asked to verify your details for registration. For instance, if you buy a new sim card, you have to give a call on a certain number, after which the card becomes valid and starts working. Even when you enter your email id on a website for registration, you receive a verification link to activate your account. Similarly, to activate your QuickBooks Desktop account, you receive a validation code. At times, when you need to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software on your system, you will have to re-enter the validation code. Make sure that you must noted down the validation code at someplace.
What is validation code in Quickbooks
On the purchase of a QuickBooks desktop product, you will receive a validation code. It can be a combination of numbers. It is a license or a unique key to activate your Quickbooks account. Every new user receives a validation code that can only be used by a single person. When you purchase a QuickBooks product online, an email will be sent to your registered email address with a validation code to gain access to the QuickBooks Desktop software.
You will not be able to access the QuickBooks Desktop software until you enter the validation code in your system after installing the software. A QuickBooks error code will appear on the screen.
How can you get validation code for QuickBooks in registry?
If you have purchased the QuickBooks desktop disk, you will find the validation code on the wrapping paper of the disk. If you have made an online purchase of the QuickBooks Desktop, you will receive an email with a validation code. Let us see how you can get the validation code for QuickBooks if you have lost the packaging paper of the email with the unique key.
- The first step is to login to your QuickBooks Desktop account. After that, you will have to go to the company file menu in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, the next step is to open the product registration screen. For this, you will have to press the F2 button on your keyboard. On your screen, you will see access product registration options.
- Then press the F3 button on your keyboard, the help application window will appear on your screen. Click on the open icon. A list of Quickbooks files will appear on your screen.
- Now, the next level is to find the QuickBooks Desktop extension file to locate the validation code. To search or find, you will have to press Ctrl + F at the same time on your keyboard.
- When the search tab opens, you have to type .dat extension file in the space. Here you will find the QBregistration.dat link. Double click on it to open the extension file.
- The file will now open in the notepad. You can go to the bottom of the screen and will the notepad icon. When you click on that, the file will appear on the screen.
- Over there, you have to again go to the search bar by clicking Ctrl+F. Then type license number in the space and click on the enter button in the keyboard. Now, you will see the validation code highlighted on the screen. Note it down.
Sometimes, the QuickBooks team removes the license code for security purposes. In that case, a new validation will have to be generated. If you are facing a QuickBooks error code while finding the validation code, you will have to contact the technical assistance team of QuickBooks Desktop. To reach out to the team, you can follow the below-given steps.
- For chat support, you have to go open the QuickBooks desktop. Now, click on the help menu in the top bar. After that, you have to select the QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Now, you have to go to the ‘Have a question’ window. You will see a couple of categories there. Select on the one for which you are facing an issue. After that, you will have to click on the contact us option and then select the messaging option. You will be directed to the QuickBooks help chat space. Now, you can type your issue stating that you need help with validation code. You will soon get a response from the team.