Microsoft is constantly evolving and expanding its learning tracks to make sure you stay updated with the demanding pace of the IT environment. Az-104 is the exam that helps you become Microsoft certified Azure Administrator associate. It is a rather difficult exam to crack. However, it becomes easier when you are aware of its fundamentals.
Basics of Microsoft Azure 104
AZ-104 is the replacement for AZ-103 as of March 2020. It is a role-based Microsoft certification that provides you with certain skills that you need for the job. It is a certification on the Associate level, and when you pass this exam, you become Microsoft certified Azure developer. Additionally, you can move ahead for AZ-400 Azure DevOps solution on an Expert level.
AZ-104- Who Should Opt For This Microsoft Cloud Certification?
The ideal candidate for this examination is a professional who has knowledge in executing, managing and monitoring the Microsoft Azure environment of the organization. For this Microsoft Azure certification training, you do not have to sit for the foundational AZ-900 Fundamental exam. However, there are certain prerequisites that you must possess, including:
- A good understanding and knowledge of on-premises virtualization technologies such as virtual networking, VMs, virtual hard disks, etc.
- Knowledge of network configuration such as Domain Name System, TCP/IP, firewalls, virtual private networks (VPNs), encryption technologies, etc.
- Knowledge of resilience and disaster recovery that include backup and restore operations.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory concepts such as domains, domain controllers, forests, Kerberos protocol, replication, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
What Is The Exam Pattern For AZ-104?
The exam of AZ-104 lasts for three hours, and there will be approximately 60 questions. The exam will be categorized into sections, and you have to clear each section to pass the exam. Generally, the sections are divided into multiple-choice questions, case studies, yes-no type of questions, and hands-on categories. The exam fees also vary based on the region; in India, you will have to pay Rs. 4800. Once you have cleared the exam, you will become Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator, and this certification will remain valid for two years.
Preparing For AZ-104 Exam
The first and obvious thing is to start from the syllabus of the AZ-104 exam. The syllabus acts as a road map for your certification. The AZ-104 certification course has been structured by estimating the number of learning outcomes required for an exam taker. It’s just necessary to learn the syllabus and you are ready to sit in the entrance exam. You should know about the exam format. The test is conducted in computer-based mode and the test duration is approximately 2 hours. You have to complete the multiple-choice questions within 2 hours to be eligible for receiving your AZ-104 certificate. Once you have gone through the details of AZ-104 certification, it is important to create an adequate preparation strategy to clear the exam. Following are some important tips to start your exam preparation:
Go Through The Study Modules
The first step of exam preparation is to properly go through the study modules of the examination. After that, prioritize the topics based on the weightage. AZ-104 exam involves the following domains
- Manage Azure identities and governance – 15-20%
- Implement and manage storage – 10-15%
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources – 25-30%
- Configure and manage virtual networking – 30-35%
- Monitor and backup Azure resources – 10-15%
Join Online Training Courses
There are a lot of study materials to cover for applicants who are preparing for Azure-104. This is why it is important to join an online training course. Select a reliable training course provider that covers all the modules and helps in developing the right knowledge and skills to pass the examination.
Why Should You Consider Microsoft Azure Certification?
Following are some of the reasons why people opt for Microsoft Azure certification:
- A Microsoft Azure certification also allows you to prove your expertise in a specific technology area and are easier and cheaper than taking the same classes at an affiliated college or university. In addition, spending more time preparing for the exam will increase your overall chances of achieving the qualification.
- A Microsoft Azure certification plays an important role in pursuing a career in cloud computing and provides flexibility in the career. Microsoft Azure certifications offer stability to security engineers, cloud administrators, DevOps engineers, solutions architects, and cloud developers.
- Higher salaries and reputed positions is another excellent reason for people to take the Microsoft Azure examination. A Microsoft Azure certified professional, you will develop a strong knowledge base and skill set that employers are looking out for.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure makes you an important asset to the organization. These certifications support the growth and profitability of the Azure cloud environment. A certified Azure developer can help the company in reducing additional costs.
Preparing for Azure-104 can be nerve-cracking for aspirants since it is a relatively difficult exam to clear. But a thorough and practical preparation can help put your mind at ease. Additionally, it is important to choose the right training provider for your preparation so that all your concepts are clear and well-understood. Ensure that you keep yourself relaxed during the preparation and examination and take proper rest.