Use Nvidia’s GeForce Now to play Fortnite on a Chromebook. You may also use Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook to play Fortnite from your PC.
Epic Games does not support Linux or Chrome OS, so this article explains two solutions.
We’ll cover how to sideload the Fortnite Android app or use Chrome Remote Desktop to play the game remotely on Windows or Mac.
Fortnite is a hugely popular game. However, while it is available on most platforms, a Chromebook is not one of them. Fortnite isn’t officially supported on Chromebooks, but there are a few workarounds.
1: By Using GeForce
Nvidia GeForce Now is a gaming streaming service that works on most web-enabled devices. Because Chromebooks lack the hardware needed for native gaming, cloud gaming is an excellent alternative. This strategy requires a reliable internet connection to keep your ping low.
- To play Fortnite on a Chromebook with GeForce Now, go to the website. Join now in the upper right. If you already have a subscription, you can go to the login page.
- Select your plan by clicking the Join button.
- Now go to the signup/login page. Submit your email or click a linked account signup button.
- Fill in the blanks and click Create. Check your email to confirm your account. To confirm account credentials, click here. Create an account.
- Then comes the account confirmation. Select your preferences and click Submit.
- On the checkout screen, you can confirm your membership and activate it in Chrome. Click the Chrome Launch button.
- Accept the terms by clicking Accept & Continue. Follow the tutorial steps.
- Find Fortnite using the top search bar or the Free-to-Play area on the homepage.
Expand the list. Press Play.
- If you need to re-login, GeForce Now will prompt you to join your Epic Games account.
- After that, Fortnite will launch in Chrome. If you have a free subscription, you may have to queue. The game will start after it has loaded. Until gaming-focused Chromebooks arrive, this should be the best method to play Fortnite on a Chromebook.
2: Using Chrome Remote Desktop
This solution requires a PC capable of running Fortnite. You may utilize Chrome Remote Desktop to play Fortnite on your Chromebook from a PC.
- Chrome Remote Desktop for Chromebooks and Windows PCs.
- After that, open Chrome Remote Desktop on both systems. Click + Generate Code in the Chrome Remote Desktop web app on the Chromebook. You’ll get a five-minute code.
- Enter the access code in the Connect to another computer section of the Windows web app and click Connect. When prompted, allow remote access on Windows.
- Now you can play Fortnite on your Chromebook via remote desktop.
3: By Using Android App Sideloading
This guide will show you how to download and install the Fortnite Android app on a Chromebook. This requires an ARM processor, thus Intel and AMD CPUs are not supported. Your Chromebook must also support Android apps and have Developer Mode enabled.
- Go to the Fortnite for Android download page once Developer mode is enabled. Epic Games only accepts downloads from Android devices, but you can utilize Chrome’s developer tools to get around that.
- To access developer tools, press Ctrl + Shift + J, then Ctrl + Shift + M to convert to mobile view.
- Click the reload button in the Chrome address bar. To download the Epic Games installer, click, Get it on the Epic Games App.
- When the Chrome downloader tells you that the APK file is risky, click Keep. Don’t worry, this approach uses the official Epic Games APK. It should be in the Downloads folder of your files app.
- Double-click it to install.
- Continue, then Install.
- Finish the installation. Cliquez sur Ouvrir pours To install Fortnite, click Get next to the game on the Epic Games app.
- Install the Epic Games app to play the game afterward. This version was built for mobile, therefore it may not run smoothly on a Chromebook.
Is Fortnite Compatible With Chromebooks?
In terms of platforms, Epic has chosen not to support Chrome OS or Linux. That means even if you install and run a complete version of Linux on a Chromebook, you can’t play Fortnite.
If Epic ever decides to support Linux, then running the Linux Fortnite software on your Chromebook is the best option. Meanwhile, you may either sideload Fortnite Android or use Chrome Remote Desktop on a computer that supports Fortnite.
Compatibility is poor due to Epic not officially supporting sideloading Fortnite Android on Chromebooks. You need a 64-bit processor, Chrome OS 64-bit, and at least 4 GB of RAM to run Android apps. It may work if you meet all the criteria.
Tip of the Day!
Slow network speeds, Chromebook hardware, and Windows or macOS computer hardware can all affect Fortnite performance. You’ll get better results if you play on your Windows or macOS computer.
Read More: Top 3 Best Google Chromebook for Your Needs!