In Google Accounts, navigate to Data and privacy. Delete your Google or Gmail Account. The steps are the same whether you’re on a phone or a computer.
A Google account gives you access to Gmail, YouTube, Drive, and more. Suppose you’ve had it and wanna out. Google Account Permanent Deletion Yes, absolutely, and it just takes a few minutes.
Before you rush through the steps, remember that you will be permanently losing a lot of data. Google deactivates accounts after 180 days, so you may leave them dormant. We’re not attempting to dissuade you. Maybe you have an unused secondary account or another reason to kill it. Here’s how to permanently delete your Google account.
Checklist Before Deleting Google Account
Loss of data across several sites if you delete your Google account. Here are a few notable losses:
- This includes all Google services and data linked with them (email, photographs, notes, etc.).
- Any YouTube or Google Play Movies, Books, or Music subscriptions.
- Chrome saved data, including free and premium Chrome apps and extensions.
- Any contacts related to this account will be lost, as will any data stored up using Android Backup services.
- Finally, you’ll lose your username forever. Unable to sign up with the same username after deletion.
Delete Your Google Account Before These Steps
Your Google account undoubtedly contains crucial data like emails, notes, and images. However, Google provides a simple solution to backup all your data.
- Firstly, Go to accounts.google.com to manage your Google account.
- Secondly, From the left menu, select Data & privacy.
- Download or erase your data.
- Choose Download data.
- A list of all Google services linked to your account. You can pick and choose what to download. Everything is pre-selected.
- Optionally, you can get a download link via email or save it to cloud services like Drive. You can also choose the export frequency, file format, and archive size.
- Depending on the amount of data being archived, this could take some time.
Also, keep in mind that your Gmail address may be linked to other services like bank accounts or websites. Before deleting your Gmail account information, make sure you retain track of these accounts.
Other considerations before canceling your Google account include:
- A hacker may have gained access to your account.
- Check out how to delete a Google account from your phone.
- Accounts created through work, school or other groups should be deleted by their administrators.
Delete Google Account on Computer or Phone
- Scroll down to More Options in Data & privacy.
- Tap Delete Google Account. You must sign in.
- You must accept two acknowledgments before clicking the Remove Account button to permanently delete your account.
Delete Selective Service
- Scroll down to download or delete your data.
- Click Delete a Google service.
- A list of Google services linked to your account can delete. To delete them, simply click the trash icon next to them.
Read More: A Complete Guide How to Delete iPhone Apps?