Chromebooks don’t often come with a lot of storage, so getting rid of unused apps helps. You may delete apps from Chromebooks in two methods, both of which take less than a minute. You may uninstall them from the app drawer or the Google Play Store.
The technique varies based on the approach, but the outcome is the same. This post will cover both choices.
1: Delete Apps From Chromebook Using App Drawer
Click the circular icon in the bottom left of your Chromebook, then click the up arrow to see your installed apps. Locate the app you want to uninstall and right-click it. When the window appears, simply click “Uninstall” again.
Remember that the procedure is nearly identical for deleting an app from the Chrome Web Store. The only difference is that the “Remove from Chrome” option replaces “Uninstall.”
How to delete apps on Chromebook:
- To access the circle icon at the bottom left, click it.
- Press the Up arrow
- Right-click the app you wish to uninstall.
- Click “Uninstall”
- Delete it from Chrome.
2: Delete Apps on Chromebooks Using Play Store
It’s just as simple to uninstall apps from Chromebooks via the Google Play Store. To begin, locate and launch the Google Play Store application on your device, then click the symbol in the top-left corner of the screen (three vertical lines). Select “My apps & games” from the drop-down menu and then click the “Installed” tab at the top of the screen. Click “Uninstall” after selecting the program you wish to get rid of, and then confirm your choices by hitting “OK.” It’s all done!
Detailed instructions on how to uninstall apps from a Chromebook are provided below.
- On your Chromebook, launch the Google Play Store program from the Start menu.
- Select the icon in the upper-left corner of the screen (three vertical lines).
- Select “My applications and games” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Installed” tab at the top of the page.
- Choose the app that you want to delete from your device.
- Select “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu.
- By selecting “OK,” you are confirming your option.
So there you have it… A step-by-step guide to delete apps on Chromebooks in less than a minute. As you may have guessed. The procedure is very similar to that of deleting apps from your phone’s memory.