When you receive a new Chromebook, one of the first things you should do is personalize it by changing the wallpaper on it. It’s so simple that anyone can do it – and it only takes a minute or two to complete. You have the option of creating a custom Chromebook wallpaper or using one of the wallpapers that are currently installed on the device. Here’s how you go about it.
How to Change Custom Chromebook Wallpaper?
The first step is to save the image you wish to use as your wallpaper. If not, go online and choose a beautiful wallpaper for your Chromebook. Setup is complete by clicking the circular Launcher icon in the bottom left corner and expanding the window by clicking the up arrow, as seen above. Open “Files,” select “Downloads,” and select the wallpaper image. Then just right-click the image and choose “Set wallpaper” from the menu.
- Download a wallpaper image for your Chromebook from the web.
- In the bottom left corner, select the circular Launcher icon.
- Press the up arrow.
- Find and open files.
- Then go to Downloads and find the wallpaper you want.
- Set the image as your desktop wallpaper by selecting it with the right-click menu.
How to Change Chromebook’s Default Wallpaper?
Choosing a pre-installed wallpaper is even simpler and faster than creating a custom wallpaper from scratch. To begin, right-click on your desktop and select the “Set wallpaper” option from the context menu. After that, select an image that you want to use as your wallpaper by clicking on it. If you’re not sure which one to choose, you can click the option next to “Surprise me,” and your device will choose a wallpaper for you and show it to you on a regular basis until you make a decision.
- Right-click the desktop and choose Set wallpaper.
- Choose a wallpaper for your Chromebook by clicking on it.
- If you select Surprise me, your smartphone will choose the wallpaper for you.
How to Sync Your Wallpapers?
Sync your wallpaper (and preferences) across Chrome OS devices. This way, when you enter onto a Chromebook with your Google account, you already have your wallpaper.
- In the bottom right, select Time/Account.
- Activate the settings icon.
- Look for People.
- Choose Sync and Google.
- Select Sync.
- Choose what to sync or select Sync everything.