Wings coated in a spicy, acidic, sweet mustard sauce are known as the Carolina Mustard Wings recipe.
A tasty way to celebrate the game day.
I used to dislike mustard BBQ sauce, but now I am a convert.
Whenever we go to a BBQ joint, I get the mustard sauce. It never fails.
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne paper
- Butter 1/3 cup
- Hot sauce 1/3 cup
- Yellow mustard 1/3 cup
- Packed brown sugar 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne pepper 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Discard the wing tips and cut the wings into flappers and drums. In a 913-inch pan
- Flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper
- Toss wings in the mixture to coat evenly.
- 1 hour of refrigerated wings. Sauce it. Melt butter in a pan. Pepper, cayenne, and hot sauce are optional. 10 min simmer Warm up.
- A big Dutch oven with 2 inches of oil heated to 365-375F.
- Cook 12-15 minutes using half the wings. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with other wings.
- A large bowl of wings Toss them with sauce and serve.
Carolina Mustard Wings Recipe
These tasty wings are coated in seasoned flour and chilled for 1 hour. This lets the flour soak in. When cooked, they get crispy but don’t have a heavy flour covering.
The mustard sauce is quite flavorful. This sauce is a blend of cayenne and hot sauces with brown sugar and brown mustard. Add more or less cayenne pepper to taste. This sauce is delicious on pulled pork, chicken, or even salmon.
Fry the Wings
Fry the wings in either vegetable or peanut oil, depending on your preference. Canola oil might also be used in this recipe. Your goal is to have the oil at roughly 365 degrees. A thermometer is useful for ensuring that the oil is heated to the proper temperature and that it remains at that temperature.
After the wings have been frying for around 18 minutes, they are mixed in the mustard sauce and are ready to be served. Make sure you have an ice-cold drink and plenty of napkins on hand because these suckers are going to be a mess.