Animated icons can help your website stand out from the crowd or as part of a page design or responsive design.
In addition, animated symbols are often used as connections to social networking or external websites, usually on a desktop computer or mobile device browser tab.
We can use Animated icons for guidance and navigation on websites and mobile apps; therefore, they are useful for various purposes.
What Exactly are Animated Icons?
The nice part about animated icons is that they are simple to use and can be placed anywhere. These icons are usually square, although they can be any shape. Just make sure the form you pick effectively represents the entity you want to display. For example, a square shape is best for an eCommerce site, whereas an arrow shape is best for a travel or sports site.
Your icon must be readable to keep your design basic and easy to use. Legibility is a big topic when it comes to icons. In this situation, we mean seeing an animated icon when it is hovering or stationary rather than moving. You need to see the icon’s shape to understand what it represents, not just how it looks. Use rounded or beveled corners to make the icon legible.
Making of Animated Icons:
With an icon animator that leverages the SVG format. You can perform remarkable things with just a few clicks. SVG files are simple picture files that can produce icons, text, and other visuals.
First, load your SVG icons into an icon animator. For example, your product icon can be a rounded square or bezier shape, or it can be square. Then select one or more animation effects to create the appropriate movable icon.
Then embed the animated emblem into your website or mobile app. Ensure the file type is SVG and the icon description and description elements are specified.
Advantages of Using Animated Icons:
- Animated icons are a great method to get people interested in your products and engage with you. Websites and apps can also benefit from this method. Animated icons outperform static icons in many ways.
- Animation makes them almost always responsive. To build a dynamic animation that flows around a website or mobile app, you must include a CSS element.
- With animated icons, all you need to do is add a few lines of code to your website or app.
- Animated symbols let you build a memorable identity for your website and mobile app. In addition, it helps users find the product you’re promoting.
- Using dynamic icons also allows you to express your creativity. It is especially true if you are updating a website with several pages.
- Each one with a smile. Create an animated icon that changes color or position based on-page content.
- Icon designers utilize SVG files so they may easily reuse them. To avoid having to re-upload or reorganize your icons each time you post new content. So, keep them in a handy folder on your computer.
- In addition, many apps and websites employ SVG icons to display logo animations.
- You’ve achieved a good blend between simplicity and legibility. However, if you want to create a lot of mobile and web apps with SVG icons. I suggest you get some help or hire a designer.
It’s not always easy to get your target market’s attention, be it a person or a business. Animated icons can help break up a static page and make it more interesting.
I hope you find this article useful, and I welcome your feedback. In addition, I’d love to hear about additional ways you’ve seen or used SVG to promote your products or services. Please send me a message.
Read More: How to Design an Icon Set