To provide individuals with the necessary abilities in certain regional areas with a permanent pathway, the Australian government developed the Sponsored Regional Visas (Subclass 494). Holders of this five-year visa can apply alongside qualifying family members if they reside, study, or work in a defined regional area. If you meet the requirements, you can apply for permanent residency three years after your visa application is approved.
Process of Applying for a 494 Visa
The process for the 494 visa application is as follows:
Businesses sponsoring individuals for 494 visas must be approved as sponsors or maintain a labour agreement. Professions must be operational and legally operating (within or outside of Australia), dedicated to using local labour free from discriminatory practises, and ready to abide by the rules of their sponsorship for the duration of it to gain sponsorship clearance.
Different sponsorship periods are conceivable depending on the business’s kind and region. For 18 months or five years, for instance, established enterprises may be granted a sponsorship award. A sponsorship award for startups is available for three years.
Nomination by Employer
Employers must select an occupation from the relevant Skilled Occupations List, show that there is a genuine need for full-time employment within the company, and make an offer at a salary that is not less than the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT), which is currently set at A$53,900 per year, to nominate a position for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494).
494 Visa Processing Time 2023
If you plan to relocate to Australia and are currently filling out your visa application, you may wonder how long it will take. There is no reliable way to forecast how long you must wait for a response when applying for an Australian visa because the processing period can vary.
The Department of Home Affairs or the applicant’s authorised representative’s document checklist can assist the visa applicant in ensuring that they have attached all necessary papers to the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Subclass 494 visa application.
The Australian government offered these timelines as a guide, but they are subject to change.
The average 494 visa processing time for 75% of applications is in 3 months, and 90% in 4 months.
Processing Time for the Employer-Sponsored Stream Subclass 494 Visa
- 25% of applications within four months
- 50% of the applications in nine months
- 75% of applications in 13 months
- 90% of applications within 14 months
Processing Time for Subclass 494 Visas under the Labour Agreement Stream
- 25% of applications within five months
- 50% of applications within five months
- 75% of applications in seven months
- 90% of applications within nine months
Increase Processing Speed
It could be challenging to wait for a response to your application for a temporary skill shortage visa. To speed up processing, take the following actions:
- TSS visas are handled on an individual basis by the Department of Home Affairs, and processing times may change depending on your situation.
- Complete your application completely and truthfully.
- Send all required documentation.
- Respond right away if the Department of Home Affairs asks for more information.
The Time it Takes to Get a Visa 494 Subclass
- Several variables may affect how long it takes to apply for a Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494). The duration of the evaluation process might vary from 10 days to several months, depending on the authority in charge. Please visit the Department of Home Affairs website for a more exact estimate.
- Additionally, applicants for this visa must fulfil requirements based on the stream they have chosen. When submitting a visa application through the Employer Sponsored Stream, applicants must be under 45 and have a valid sponsor nomination.
- Additionally, they must meet registration and licensing criteria, have proficient English language abilities (unless exempt), have a current skills evaluation, and have worked for three years in the selected occupation.
- Candidates for the Labour Agreement Stream must be under 45 at the time of application and nominated by a party to a labour agreement.
- Furthermore, the applicant may need to provide evidence that they possess the abilities necessary to carry out activities in their nominated occupation, and the employer must give them a permanent position in the occupation described in the work agreement.
- Finally, they must be in good physical and moral health and possess the English language proficiency required for their field of work.
In cases when employers can’t find a competent Australian worker, the subclass 494 visa Australia competent Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa enables regional employers to overcome labour shortages in their region by sponsoring skilled migrants.
You may start looking for work if you meet the qualifications. Your prospective employer must either be a party to a labour agreement with the Australian Government or be eager to employ you. The employer must be outside of the designated cities in regional Australia.
You can arrange your move to Australia once you receive your visa. Contact a registered migration agent if you require assistance with the visa application procedure or other information. Throughout the entire process, their representatives may offer thorough support.