Did you know that the US is among the top countries of gun ownership? For every 100 residents in the US, there are 120 guns.
That’s more than double that of Yemen, which is only in the 50s per 100 residents.
Interesting fact, right?
There are a variety of reasons that guns are extremely popular. Sport and hunting could be drivers behind gun ownership; perhaps home protection is right at the top of your list, or even right through to simply being a collector.
Keep reading to find great facts about guns, from interesting gun facts to some that can be quite unbelievable.
Facts About Guns: Historically
Have you ever wondered when the first firearm was created? Or perhaps you’ve wondered when tactical patches became a thing? Or maybe you want to know what the most expensive gun ever sold was.
Let’s have a look at historical facts that will make you go, no way!
- The Beretta Company in Italy is officially the oldest firearm company in the world. They were established in 1526 in a town called Brescia.
- In 1986, you could buy an AK-47 in Kenya for the bargain price of 15 cows; by 2005, supply and demand ensured that you only had to pay 4 cows to get your hands on an AK-47.
- In the 1930s, the Germans created a powerful gun, the Gustav Gun, that can hit a target at a staggering 23 miles away.
- Samuel Colt created the revolver at just 16 years old.
- In the 1900s, gangsters in France had a weapon called the Apache Revolver; basically, it was a revolver, brass knuckles, and a knife, all rolled into one!
It’s totally crazy the facts about guns that history can dig up!
Crazy Facts About Guns
Historically speaking, some facts about guns are just borderline unbelievable! But let’s see what facts we can stir up that really make you say, Nah-uh!
- Did you know that Russian astronauts pack a gun for their trip? Just in case they land somewhere with bears!
- When in Arizona, you can carry a gun but not a set of nunchucks.
- Mossberg, a firearm manufacturer, has created a special line of guns just for zombie killing.
- George Washington, yes the president, his gun is worth a whopping $2 million.
- There are between 2000 and 5000 gun shows held in the US every year.
It’s staggering, right? That means that there are over 5 gun shows every day during the year across the country.
Fun Gun Facts For The Win
When it comes to facts about guns, there really is no shortage of weird and wonderful ones!
Here’s a parting bonus fact for you: the world’s tiniest, functioning gun called the SwissMiniGun C1ST can literally fit into the palm of your hand. Some movie scenes don’t seem so silly now, do they?
If you’re looking for more cool, lifestyle-based content, head on over to the lifestyle section of our site, you won’t be disappointed.